Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hormonal Acne ?!?!? & Wrap, Snap & Go

Hello ladies,
I took some sick days at work and went to see my doctor. Every day when I wake up I see one or two more zits on my face and I finally had enough. He said its hormonal acne, which was not a big surprise because my eyelids are really dark which is a sign of hormones acting crazy. He prescribed three things to treat it and go back in three weeks for a follow up.


I got antibiotics to kill any bacteria, Epiduo Gel to apply to my face and birth control pills to regulate my hormones that are all over the place. He added: "a boyfriend is a plus" lol

Clindamycin: Now I'm not big on antibiotics. I took antibiotics for months at a time a few years ago when I caught a bad case of Staph Infection on my leg at the gym. I know that they do as much damage as good. Its almost like throwing an atomic bomb inside your body, it kills the good and the bad! But gotta give it a try!


Epiduo 0.1% & 2.5% Gel: I never tried this before but read excellent reviews. Its a combination of Adapalene and Benzoyl Peroxide. I've tried both separately but never combined. I'm pretty sure it will start purging my pores like nothing else. I am expecting it to get worse before it gets better, just like with any other prescription acne medication I've tried. The only downfall, my insurance did not cover it. So it was $250, it better work wonders I could have splurged on a lot of goodies for that amount of money.

Tri-Sprintec (generic version of Ortho Tricyclen) : I've only taken oral contraceptives once before, a really long time ago. I've had Yazmine prescribed to me and it broke my back out in cysts. I discontinued using it right away. I always heard women tell horrific stories about oral contraceptives so I have always opted for other methods.

So for the next few days I will just be relaxing at home, trying to stay stress free as possible. I want to catch up on some TV, Tough Love Miami is on!!!!  I also been meaning to paint my make up vanity and reorganize everything and definitely catch up on some much needed ZzZzZz's.

I have so many make up looks I want to share but there's no way on earth I am taking close up pictures, in daylight, with the macro setting on right now...just noooo way! Face full of zits + braces = I look 15 again!



I stoped by my local CVS to get some shampoo and ran into this thing. Its called Wrap, Snap & Go. You just roll your hair around it, snap it and go to sleep or hang around and you'll get great curls. There's 12 in a box, it comes with a booklet that shows you how to create different curls. It was only $12.99. And as much as I LOVE animal print this looks kind of tacky and cheap, but I think this will be a great alternative to curling or adding volume to your hair without heat. I very rarely use heat on my hair, only on special occasions like a night out or something of that sort. Regardless of what kind of heat protection you use or what kind of tool, heat is still heat and too much of it can't be good! That's just my theory!
It has that little "As seen on TV" logo on the bag but I have never seen it on TV and I am a sucker for infomercials. Maybe it was on TV in the 80's and early 90's because that's what it reminds me of.

I can't wait to try this actually. I will do a hot Coconut Oil treatment on my hair tonight and probably give this a try tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your comments!